Saturday, February 18, 2006

Olympic Hype

Is anyone even watching the Winter Olympics in Torino? TV ratings have been abyssmal this year (they were beat out by by American Idol!) I'm not sure if that's because the Americans are doing as well as they normally do in the winter games (which is typically dominated by Norway, Germany, and Russia) or if the NBC's coverage has left us somewhat wanting. I was disappointed to see that the opening ceremonies, scheduled to be aired at 7:00 pm local time didn't actually get underway until at least an hour later - I think NBC lost a lot of its audience during the hour they were piddling around with other stories. That's too bad because I think the Italians did a pretty decent job with the opening ceremony (although I'm not so sure about the music selection when the athletes marched in).

Anyway, I found the medal tracker on Fox News to be the most visibly pleasing. Enjoy.

No comments: