Monday, June 13, 2005

Reflections: Michael Jackson Trial

I don't want to talk too much about the whole Michael Jackson thing - frankly, it bores me. But I guess I should comment on it at least a little.

The verdict did not surprise me. It wasn't so much that the defense had a strong case, but that the prosecution really had a weak one. I thought that was evident when Jackson's ex-wife was called in to testify against him. Instead, she pretty much testified for him.

Jackson's accusers, at least in my mind, did not have a whole lot of credibility. Apparently, the jury shared that opinion as well.

Did he do it? I'm not convinced one way or the other. Is he strange and eccentric? You betcha. But that proves nothing. So now Jacko can go about his business and go back to the freak show he calls his life.

I ran into someone who seemed disappointed by the verdict. I told her that whatever crimes Michael Jackson may have committed, he will have to answer for them in the hereafter. She appreciated my comments.

Those judged by man often do not have all the facts. One can be convicted or exonorated on too little evidence. But God knows all the facts, and we all stand convicted. Only when we plead the Blood of Jesus Christ can we be made clean and whole.

And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: