Saturday, October 15, 2005

Oh, And Another Thing

I don't do chain e-mails either.

Nothing good is going to happen to me just because I forwarded a chain e-mail. If God intends for me to win the lottery, he will give me the winning numbers and when to place them. He will probably do that through the still small voice in my heart. I don't foresee that happening; I can't see how my being a millionaire would necessarily bring me closer to God.

Nothing bad is going to happen to me just because I deleted a chain e-mail. If that were the case, then I should have died many times over or surely I would have endured the tribulations of Job at least several times. I've come close, but not to the degree Job has.

God is in charge of my life. He knew me before I was born [Psalm 139:13-14]. He knows what I'm going through now [1 John 3:20]. He has a marvelous plan for me [Jeremiah 29:11]. I have found my life goes so much easier if I fully trust in Him.

If you wish to send or forward chain e-mails, that's your business. Just don't include me - you're only wasting your time and bandwidth (or however they measure the cyberspace we use up).

No comments: