Monday, May 29, 2006

Somewhat of a Dark Place

If you're a regular reader of this blog, you may have noted I haven't written here for quite a while. My last post came as the Phoenix Suns finished off the L.A. Lakers in seven games. Since then, it took the Suns another seven games to finish off the Clippers; now they're facing a challenge in the Western Conference Finals with the Dallas Mavericks.

Since my last post, the baby owls of Mayo Clinic have since left the nest. Unfortunately, it took my wife a bit longer to leave Mayo Clinic. She finally got released on Mothers' Day.

With S's health concerns and no paycheck (she's out of sick time for the year) and trying to make ends meet, it's been a little rougher than normal. With the lack of concentration and interest in many things, you could say I've been in a bluesy, dark place. In fact, I wonder if I've been truly depressed.

Yet, as I drove to church yesterday, I was feeling pretty good about myself and things in general. It's not typical of depression to "just snap out of it." But I've done just that. So who knows?

I guess one thing I can attribute to my good feeling is that I was able to get together with my Emmaus group on Saturday for the first time in four weeks. I think that just being in the presence of these friends brought healing to my emotions and my spirit. Just as a dying ember grows cold, it is rekindled when brought back into the fire. That's how I feel now.

No comments: