Sunday, June 18, 2006

Another Great Week at Camp

Well, it was a pretty good week. Since I last posted, I've been up to music camp up at Camp Mingus.

Getting there was somewhat touch and go. When I last posted, I was getting over an apparent intestinal virus that had really kept me down. I was supposed to be up at camp on Sunday afternoon, but I just didn't feel well enough. I finally managed to get packed on Sunday night and drove up early Monday to arrive in time for breakfast and the staff meeting. And as it turned out - healthwise - I really and truly was just fine.

The boys in my cabin were a pretty good bunch. There were no major discipline problems at all this year - pretty much just the usual squirrelliness you'd expect from seventeen junior high boys.

At this year's camp, the kids wrote their musical based on C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. As usual, they did a pretty good job, despite this being a rather complex storyline.

As usual, it was fun seeing old friends and making new ones. One little girl in particular happens to go to my church - I know her grandma, but I didn't know her very well - until this last week at camp. It was very touching to see how much she was enjoying herself. And this morning at church, she thanked the church for sending her to camp - and let them know that our new pastor (who starts in two weeks) is really teriffic!

No comments: