Saturday, June 24, 2006

Walk #167, Leaders' Meeting #3

Today was our third leaders' team meeting for Arizona Walk to Emmaus #167. Actually it was only my second (since I missed the last meeting due to S' illness).

We met at our lay director's house. All were in attendance except two of our three clergy members (we are still discerning a fourth). As of today we have two more slots to fill on the talk team, seven on the cook team, and one on the 3-Day team (I can also pick someone off of the cook team for that slot). I will also need an assistant head cook to assist me since R had to drop off of the team for personal reasons. Bad break, but we already have someone in mind who has already accepted a position on the cook team (and his wife is one of our clergy team!)

There was also a lot of planning on who would do what at the first two meetings. At the first meeting, I will be giving the devotion, giving the Servanthood talk, assigning prayer partners, and meeting seperately with just the cook team as a whole. Oh, and making sure lunch is prepared (a job I will have through most of the team formation process).

I felt we had a very productive meeting. I got to witness our music leader in action for the first time and I must say, I was impressed. I need to make sure I let him know that.

I must confess that with everything going on in my life lately (S being in the hospital, me going to camp, work pressures), I have not had my head in the game like I should. My vacation scheduling for the Emmaus weekend will not allow me Friday off unless I work my 40-hour week from Monday through Thursday. That is difficult for a head cook to handle - I will likely have to trust others to purchase the food for the weekend. Perhaps relying on others is the lesson that God is trying to teach me here. I will probably be quite tired when I arrive on the weekend, but fortunately I have the entire week off as vacation after the weekend to recover. Again, I will need to rely pretty hard on God for this weekend to go well from my position. That's a good thing - I need to do that.

Nonetheless, my prayer request today is to get myself focused and get my head back in the game. The weekend will be here before we know it.

No comments: