Sunday, December 04, 2005

And We're Off...

We kicked off another stewardship campaign in church today. Even before the kickoff we had already received additional pledges of $11,000.

After I'd given the devotional after choir rehearsal on Thursday night, someone suggested we do lay witnessing in church on Sundays like we used to years ago. My name was immediately offered up as one of the speakers. It was just a matter of getting it into the bulletins for the worship services.

Well, we started the lay witnessing today with the co-chair of the stewardship campaign. The other co-chair will speak next week. I'm scheduled to speak in two weeks.

Church seemed different today. We are committed. We are on fire. Blaze, Spirit! Blaze!

1 comment:

Ron said...

Hi Paul, You left a comment on my blog yesterday (www.rotola.blogspot.com) I followed the link to check yours out and LOVED it too. I am a Christ follower as well. Keep up the great writing. I will continue surfing your site.
Ron