Monday, July 24, 2006

Another Day at Mayo

Well, we spent a good part of the day at Mayo. Nothing unexpected, though. This was an ERCP that had already been scheduled for my wife.

The procedure was supposed to begin at 8:00. But there was a hitch - they couldn't get an IV started. Finally a PICC nurse got one in at about 10:45 (that was the first time I ever saw ultrasound used to find a vein!). Finally, after waiting for a patient that took S's place, she went in at 11:30 and was done by 1:00.

The doctor said everything looked fine and the procedure went without a hitch. We go back in October. At that time the doctor will remove the stents and we'll hope and pray that the biliary duct doesn't constrict ever again.

It was a longer day than expected, but I did get to listen to some music, watch TV, snooze, eat lunch, listen to some more music, get a snack, and read some magazines and newspapers. I probably would have done even less if I had stayed home today.

No comments: