Saturday, July 23, 2005

I'm Baaaack....

It's been a busy week up at music camp. Now I can look forward to going back to work and relaxing.

All in all, it was a pretty good week at camp. We didn't have any more than the usual expected behavioral problems in our cabin when you put twelve junior high boys together. The opera they wrote and performed went off well. However, there seemed to be more upset stomachs, especially amongst the elementary school-aged kids. I don't remember this much hurling going on during a camp week - even once in the final opera performance!

Anywho, despite a nice week at camp, it's great to be home again. The cat and dogs were quite happy to see me today - especially the little dog.

Well, let's see what else I can report on. Last week I requested prayers for rain. We're finally getting some. At last the monsoon has arrived. As I write this, my wife is probably boarding a plane in San Diego and her flight is scheduled to arrive at 8:00. However, they've just issued a severe thunderstorm warning which includes much of the Phoenix area, so she could very well arrive late.

I also reported about my friend in the hospital with heart-related problems. I got a call from him Tuesday. His heart had actually stopped for 6.7 seconds on Saturday night, so naturally they didn't release him. In fact, on Wednesday he called to let me know that they were transferring him to Tucson where they have a better cardiac unit and try to fix him up there.

So, that's all I have to report thus far. Meanwhile I need to catch up on the news of the past week and I'm sure I'll have something to say about that. Until then, just know - I'm baaaaack!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, it was a uber fabulous week at camp. The bizarre throwing up was a bit strange... I wonder which camper brought it with them!!

Just remember to stop, drop, and PRAY!

I've got TONS of photos from camp, so keep an eye out for them!

Can't wait to see you again, and it's about 348 days till camp next year!

Paul said...

I'm wondering if I'm a carrier of the strange barfing syndrome, because I'm fine, but my wife is sick.

I'll have tons of photos available very soon.