Thursday, March 16, 2006

Taking A Stand

Taking a stand isn't always easy. My letter to the church (link) hasn't even been published yet and it's already stirring up a few people - most importantly, our pastor.

Mind you, this is a letter not written of my own mind, but inspired by the Holy Spirit, and written under the authority of Jesus Christ. These are words that need to be shared in our church. Granted they are strong words, but they don't single out any individual. They don't place blame on anyone. Yet, they seem to be convicting. And my pastor is upset. So I hear. He doesn't talk to me.

My letter. My pastor's rebuttal. My church's response. Our next church newsletter should be very interesting indeed. As one friend says about my situation, I already have one foot out the door. What have I got to lose?

Speaking out boldly in my faith has been invigorating to my spirit. I have received positive responses from two people already. They are encouraging me to fight the good fight. Pastor D has promised to put up a fight of his own by writing a rebuttal. I say bring it on - in fact, I welcome it. It only serves to strengthen my resolve.

No comments: