Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A Curious Thing

It's official now - my letter to the church appeared in the newsletter we received in the mail this week. It will be interesting to gauge the reaction now.

It's a somewhat curious thing, though. Pastor D came to speak with me two Sundays ago and said my letter would be delayed to the following issue so that he could have time to write a response. But there was no such response in this newest issue.

Last week I had gotten an email from the church secretary thanking me for the article and it would be published. Judging from the tone of the email, she seemed rather pleased with my letter.

So what happened? Why no delay? Was Pastor D overridden? Not that I'm complaining, mind you. But considering the chain of events lately, maybe my letter has had a bigger impact than I expected - or hoped for.

No comments: