Saturday, April 30, 2005

A Fantastic Bible Study Resource

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Psalm 119:105 (KJV)

A friend of mine told me about a really great website: e-sword.net. I've checked it out and I'm passing on the word (I'll provide a permanent link on this blog shortly).

This site provides free, downloadable Bible study software with copious volumes of resources for Bible study. The basic download includes the King James Version of the Bible, a commentary, a tool for setting up a Bible reading schedule, and a tool for keeping track of prayer requests. To augment your basic download, you can also download (for free) as many additional resources as you desire, including Bibles (28 English translations, 3 old English translations, and 47 foreign language translations - including Hebrew and Greek), commentaries, dictionaries, maps, graphics, devotions, and a whole bunch of other resources. It it's all very simple to use and there's lots of features to help you get the most out of your Bible study. One feature I really like is that you can create your own parallel Bible with up to four translations of your choosing. Cool!

As you may have gathered, I've already downloaded this gem and started using it. This is the most excited I've been about Bible study in quite some time. Thanks, J!

No comments: