Friday, November 25, 2005

Let the Holiday Melee Begin

The leftovers are in the fridge and our bellies are full. And if you've waited till now to start your Christmas shopping, you may already be too late - the 2005 Holiday Shopping Season kicked off early this morning.

I have to admit that just this morning I've braved a 40-minute wait in a checkout line at Best Buy, then to a bookstore (where I now have one Christmas gift on order), and then to Walmart for dog food and a few other sundry items (I didn't go to the Supercenter, though - what, are you nuts?)

Granted, it's a little early for me to Christmas shop - it's not even December yet. After all, I pride myself at having once started - and completing - my Christmas shopping in a record two hours on December 24. Something about the thrill of the hunt.

But at my older and wiser age, I've found the holidays to be a lot less hectic if I start earlier. The day after Thanksgiving is perhaps the earliest I've ever Christmas shopped. And you know what? There's still that thrill of the hunt. Let the Holiday Melee begin!

No comments: