Sunday, November 13, 2005

Open Letter To a Homicide Bomber

Not all the bombs intended to go off last week in Amman, Jordan went off. A woman accompanying her husband also intended to be a homicide bomber at the Radisson SAS hotel. But by the Grace of God Almighty, her explosives belt failed to detonate, and she was later arrested. Here is her confession:

"Sajida Mubarak Atrous, born in 1970, an Iraqi national, living in Ramadi.

"On Nov. 5, I accompanied my husband to Jordan with a forged Iraqi passport, under the name of Ali Hussein Ali and Sajida Abdel Qader Latif.

"We waited and a white car arrived with a driver and a passenger. We rode with them and entered Jordan (from Iraq). My husband arranged our trip from there, I don't know.

"In Jordan, we rented an apartment. He had two explosive belts. He put one on me and wore the other. He taught me how to use it, how to pull the (primer cord) and operate it.

"He said it was to carry attacks on hotels in Jordan. We rented a car and entered the hotel on Nov. 9. My husband and I went inside the hotel, he went to one corner and I went to another.

"There was a wedding at the hotel with children, women and men inside.

"My husband detonated (his bomb), I tried to explode (my belt) but it wouldn't.

"I left, people fled running and I left running with them."
[source]

So tell me, Miss Atrous: Did your explosive belt really fail to go off? Did you feel compassion for those celebrating a wonderful life event? Did you feel compassion for the children you saw? Did you find yourself in a position where you just couldn't pull the cord? If so, bless you. And may God help you through the ordeal you now face - widowed, imprisoned, and despised by millions.

Or did you go into that hotel of your own free will? Did you feel nothing for the people you were about to murder? Did you not think your own life to be precious? If so, I praise God for sparing you and the ones you would have taken with you. But in the eyes of the evil ones that made you do this, you are no martyr - you are a failure. And may God help you through the ordeal you now face - widowed, imprisoned, and despised by millions.

I can assure you that you've been misled by the Evil One. There are no forty virgins tending to your husband and the pigs he associated with. Where he is now is a place described in the Holy Bible where there is "weeping and gnashing of teeth."

The late Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir put it this way to the Palestinians: "We can forgive you for killing our children, but we can never forgive you for making us kill your children."

But you know what? God can forgive anybody, no matter what. God has spared you for a reason. Perhaps for your salvation. Remember that He loves you and does not desire that anyone bear His punishment. He weeps for your husband because they will not spend Eternity together. Don't let Him weep for you. Come to Jesus.

No comments: