Saturday, November 06, 2004

A New (Used) Trumpet For Me?

My wife, S, was talking to a neighbor today and mentioned I was over at ASU meeting up with the alumni band. She asked what instrument I played and S her I used to play the trumpet. Well it turns out this lady has an old trumpet that one of her music students used to use. It looks like crap and is probably not even playable. She was just going to get rid of it, but couldn't bring herself to do it.


As I was listening to this, I was surprised to find myself thinking how wonderful it would be to have a trumpet again. I haven't felt that in a long time (and usually only when I was checking out a "school horn" when I played in the alumni band). Imagine my delight when S went on to say she would like to give it to someone else instead of just get rid of it - and would I be interested? I said yes. I don't care what it looks like, and with a little refurbishing, perhaps we could get it playing again.

No comments: