Friday, November 19, 2004

Putting Politics Aside

While some folks are still bickering about the blue states and the red states, it's nice to know that the guys who have led our country for the past 28 years can put their differences aside and color the country purple as it were. That's why I entered this post on this page and not on the Religion/Politics page.
****
These photos were taken at the dedication of Bill Clinton's presidential library yesterday:
*****

I always think it's cool to see a bunch of Presidents together (and notice that Carter and Bush, Sr. - the guys who have been retired the longest - are smiling. Of course, they've had the most fun.)
*****

I love this shot of Chelsea and her dad. I think this precious moment between a father and a daughter puts a very human face on Clinton, who until four years ago was the most powerful man in the free world. I predict this will be one of the Photos of the Year in many publications. Heck, I'd give it the Pulitzer.
*****

I don't think this will be a Photo of the Year (although you never know) but it is pretty cute. Hey, I think W was going to let Chelsea get rained on! Again, it puts a human face on a President.

No comments: