Tuesday, November 16, 2004

A Rather Spiritual Evening

Tonight I was out at the ASU School of Music where our church organist, a doctoral candidate there, was performing his recital. There were four of us, myself included, who sang some Gregorian chant in one of the pieces.
****
The recital was well-attended. There were quite a few folks from our church, as well as many of H's music students. It was quite a delightful recital.
****
It was while I sat listening, sometimes in prayer, sometimes in meditation, that I really felt the Holy Spirit upon me. I could feel that God was pulling me in closer, as if I was holding on to some kind of "cosmic string." It felt good.
****
Sometimes we make a leap of faith because we feel a nudge or a push. I've felt that before. Tonight felt different. I'm being pulled in. To what, I do not know. But what I do know is that all I have to do is hang on. It will be revealed to me in God's time. I feel peaceful. Thank you, Lord. Amen.

No comments: