Friday, December 10, 2004

Diabetics Who Love Chocolate

I had a nice visit with my doctor today. The results from my thyroid show that it's normal. That's good news. However the results from my hemoglobin-A show that my blood sugar is still a bit too high, and higher than the last time. I'm going to watch my diet better and get more exercise. I go back in a month to see how I'm doing. In fact I did a little yardwork today - that's usually pretty decent exercise. Boy, it's tough being a diabetic who loves chocolate, especially this time of year when it's so plentiful around the office.

Fortunately my bronchitis is much better. I still have a bit of a cough, though, and it was tough singing in choir practice last night. But I still have my upper range. Provided my throat doesn't tickle, I think I'll be okay on Sunday.

My blood pressure was a little high (as it was last week). Dr. R was about to prescribe something for that; then it occurred to him and he asked if I had been taking decongestants. Boy, have I! So he suggested some other over-the-counter remedy. We'll see how the blood pressure is next month.

Boy, it sure sucks getting old.

No comments: