Friday, December 03, 2004

Why You Should Put Up Christmas Lights

When I was a little boy, my dad never put Christmas lights on the house (he still doesn't). But that was okay because there were other houses I could look at in marvel and wonder.

Now that I'm all growed up, I put Christmas lights on my house. I do it for all the little kids and all the big kids (like me) who like to look at Christmas lights.

My affirmation of that came on Tuesday after I picked up our grandson from daycare and brought him home for his mother to pick up after work. As we pulled up to the house, the lights were already on, and J exclaimed his wonder. I said, "I did that for you."

"Thank you!" he said, and then, "That's the best grampa!!!"

And that's why you should put up Christmas lights on your house.

No comments: