Friday, December 03, 2004

Down, But Not Out

Looks I've got bronchitis now...lovely. I went to the doctor's office and was seen by the physician's assistant (nice name for nurse practitioner) which was fine with me as long as she can prescribe antibiotics (which she did). So for now I'm on plenty of fluids and rest and hopefully soon the drugs will kick in. I skipped choir practice last night - it's hard to sing when you have to cough after every third breath. I sound pretty froggy today, too. Maybe by Sunday I can sing, but I was told not to plan on it.

We killed two birds with one stone...I see my doc next Friday anyway to check up on my diabetes (okay, I'm overdue, but I think I'm doing alright anyway). I mentioned that I suspected maybe a low thyroid (I've had an unexplained, sudden weight gain and I'm more fatigued lately). So we had some blood drawn to check my hemoglobin-A and my thyroid. Besides, if my bronchitis isn't getting better by then, we can deal with it then.

No comments: