Sunday, September 12, 2004

Joyful Communion

What a joyful week this has been! Three people who formerly worshipped at our church came back this week.

M and M showed up at the Wednesday night service. M (I'll let you guess which one) asked if he could sing in the praise band again. I asked, "When can you start?" It was nice having him and his voice there again.

R showed up for choir rehearsal on Thursday. She sang with us several weeks ago at the memorial service for our associate pastor's wife. Other than that, we hadn't seen or heard much of R for quite a few years. Our choir was suddenly in desperate need of altos, and R's voice would definitely add some nice oomph in the alto section. We had hoped she take up the invitation to come back to us. Well, praise God, she did!

Our church's Stephen Ministry team offers communion every Sunday after the 11:00 service. Today was my turn to serve. I asked R how long it had been since she had last taken communion, and when I saw how long it took to answer, I invited her to join me in the chapel after church.

Pastor D had already preached on the parables of the lost coin, lost sheep, and the prodigal son. [Luke, chapter 15] I was already experiencing the joy in finding those that were lost. I apologized to R for not having a fatted calf. It was a joyous communion!

No comments: