Sunday, September 19, 2004

Weather, Sinuses, New Toys, and Die Hard

It's been an okay week for me although I didn't feel too good yesterday morning, so I couldn't meet the guys for breakfast. Real bad sinus headache. The weather's a-changin'.
.
Currently we're under the remnants of Hurricane Javier. It's been fun to watch the rain come down, especially since we need it so badly. It has been rather sticky, though. I can do without that. A cold front should be passing through tomorrow which may trigger more thunderstorms, then it'll push all the moisture out. After that, it'll be a little cooler and a lot less humid. I might just fire up the evaporative cooler this week.
.
I bought a new tool for the computer room Friday. You see, S wanted me to get the scanner hooked back up to the computer. Oh, and would I please get another black print cartridge? Well, I showed her. I bought an HP PSC 1315xi All-In-One (Printer/Scanner/Copier), which also has a digital camera interface (and it included a black and color print cartridge). We both love it and it's one less USB port to contend with. And it was only $89.99 at Costco.
.
I have some music to get ready for our praise band (nice to have a copier at home now). I think we'll be ready to play at the church luncheon next Sunday, but I would feel better getting another rehearsal under our belt. I've decided we'll actually play Sunday's program on Wednesday. So some of the folks will have to hear it twice - could be a treat if we do well!
.
Church was good this morning. We were processing in to Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee (different words set to the fourth movement of Beethoven's 9th Symphony). I cracked up some of my fellow choir members by saying, "Cool! - the Die Hard theme!" What?!?

No comments: