Monday, September 27, 2004

Report from Florida

I have a friend in the choir who's been in Florida since Charley cleared out. He works for an insurance company and has been out helping the folks with their claims. Needless to say, he's been very, very busy. We hadn't heard from him in a while, so I e-mailed him to see how it was going. His reply:
.
"One more storm. These poor people can't take much more. We lose power, then get power, then lose power again. Those trees that weren't damaged before are being rainsoaked and are now uprooting so the landscape looks quite ominous now.
.
"I'm fine, just bouncing from area to area: Tampa to Melbourne to panhandle back to Orlando. I know this state quite well now.
.
"Just want to get home so I don't have to think about it again."
.
Let's keep R in our prayers. But let also remember in our prayers the people of Haiti, Grenada, Cuba, the Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida (and those in areas I may have missed but hurricanes did not).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fisch-Man!! It was good to see you on the Alum page. I was beginning to feel like Father Time around those parts. I won't be going to Homecoming this year because of my displeasure over the way the program has been allowed to going into the crapper. Suffice to say I am NOT a fan of Marty Province.
Drop by my AOL blog sometime!
http://journals.aol.com/screaminremo303/ScreaminRemo/
Dave Williams