Saturday, October 30, 2004

Fresh Affirmation

I was going to my weekly small group this morning. At first J and I thought it was just us but then we met up with a man who J invited to join us and he had invited two others (who were already there but we didn't know them - yet). These guys just got off of the last men's Walk to Emmaus a few weeks ago. And I must say that I was very much delighted to meet these three men whose hearts so burned with the Holy Spirit.
---------
This morning's meeting reminded me why I don't understand how people think they can stay close to God without going to church. God puts certain people in our lives to minister to us and for us to minister to. And in order to do that, Christians have to go out and be in contact with other Christians. There's no two ways about it.
----
As the Body of Christ, we need to feed off of each other. We need each other in order to share, to keep one another accountable, and to grow. I know for fact that I would not be where I am today - spiritually or otherwise - without my small group.
-------
God, I thank you for the men you brought into fellowship with J and me today. Do with what you intend with our new friendships. Amen.

No comments: