Sunday, October 24, 2004

Good Church and the Wingnut

When S and I were attending a different church, there was another tenor in the choir who was fond of saying, "Good church," whenever the sermon and the music was good.
***
I got to church during the contemporary service just in time to see and hear the new contemporary choir perform. They did a nice job, and I made sure I let the director, S, know.
****
Today in the traditional service the choir sang Franz Schubert's The Lord Is My Shepherd - this was probably the best we've ever sung it, and probably the best anthem we've sung all season. Pastor D had a pretty good sermon today, too, bringing up some of the issues brought up in Dan Brown's The DaVinci Code and reminding us that we can trust the four Gospels as the gospel truth. Good church.
***
Oh, by the way, at our Wednesday evening service we started a three-part series on The DaVinci Code. Our guest speaker, Dr. O, presented some interesting material. We had an excellent turnout that night - 105 people showed up according to Pastor D (which was right around my guestimate of just over 100)
****
We had our grandson J (I call him the wingnut) overnight last night. He was a little rambuncious (normal for a 4-year-old) but otherwise pretty good. We a fun time playing with him. After his bathtime and getting him in his jammies, Grandma put in a Disney movie and he was fast asleep within a half-hour.
****
I kept myself busy yesterday scanning photos of my USSR/Poland trip in 1990 - look for those to show up as links on my travelogue page.
****
Overall, a pretty good weekend.

No comments: