Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Ramblin' Man

It's been a little busy lately but nothing too intense.
**
S and I had a movie date Friday and saw I Robot. I thought it was pretty good - a typical Isaac Asimov tale complete the usual plot twists. Wonderful effects. The lead robot in the film even sounded a lot like HAL from 2001: A Space Odyssey. And Will Smith did his usual good job with his acting (he's not just a rap artist, you know). James Cromwell had a prominent role, too, even though his character died in the opening minutes.
**
The rest of the weekend wasn't too good for S, though. She was pretty sick on Sunday. She seems to have overdone it on Friday and Saturday, and we're calling this severe indigestion. And she's fine now. Dr. H did tell her last week that although her pancreas is probably healing, it may have lost some of it's functionality throughout all her episodes. In other words, S can't eat like she used to.
**
At my office we moved over the weekend. Just shuffling people to new desks mostly. Some folks were reassigned to different team leaders, but for the most part, the rest of us stayed on the same team. I moved to a new desk across the aisle five feet away. I even had to pack some of my stuff into a box so the movers could move it to my new desk. On Monday I was glad to see that my box made it okay. Oh, and our team all got new flat-panel monitors - how cool is that? We were selected to test the new monitors (they were plugged in and hooked up - hey, they work!)
**
Well, that is all. 'Nite.

No comments: