Friday, October 01, 2004

Why Do Dead People Still Get Mail?

I just don't understand it. My mother-in-law passed away in 1996 and my father-in-law followed in 1998. Yet we still get mail for both of them. Sometimes they get more than we do!
.
S got a phone call from one of Mom's favorite charities last night. She coolly and calmly gave them the riot act.
.
Several months ago Dad got something from the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. They mentioned that they hadn't heard from him in some time and would he please be willing to make a donation? I sent back a kind reply stating that Mr. C had passed away and would not be making any more contributions, nor did we anticipate him making any in the future. I also asked for his name to removed.
.
Well, guess what? The DCCC sent Dad another letter asking to fill out a survey on how badly he thought Mr. Bush was doing and would he please be willing to make a donation? My reply to them was not as kind as the first:
I already told you several months ago that Mr. C is dead - HE IS STILL DEAD!
It's been a very stressful week and I'm quite tired. I'm going to pop in an inane movie in the DVD player and go to bed. Good night.

No comments: